Over the course of 6 years, life as a photographer is always revolving every single day. The journey as a photographer has been so rewarding. It hasn’t been an easy one, but it certainly has been worth it. You know that moment you get a bit excitement and goosebumps start to pop up all over? That is me every time I look back and see how my photography has grown over the past 6 years.
The journey has strengthened me not only as an artist, but as an individual as well. I have learned to take control over my thoughts and know that I am enough. It becomes challenging when you are in a path with so much good talent. I have learned to appreciate my work and allow it to define who I am as a photographer…this is me. I am different and unique but every single photograph has my heart and soul into it. I have accepted who I am as a photographer and I am grateful for my journey, for my photography, and for the passion I have gained.
There have been 5 things over the years that have Inspired me as an artist and are elements I look for to help tell the story that I am telling. I’d love to share with you these 5 things today on the blog.
Nothing gets me more excited than a beautiful day filled with beautiful sun light especially as it is setting over mountains or hills, I love the haziness effect it creates. Beautiful sun light for me helps tell the story I am unfolding for my families.
Besides having my beautiful family tell their family’s story, the location is one of the top important elements for me as a photographer to help tell the story I am capturing. I love wide open spaces where you can see the landscapes meet the sky, breathtaking views, light going over hills or mountains, landscapes that depict the beauty that surrounds me everyday, and I love to travel to other locations too! I am so excited for this upcoming year! I have a list of new locations that I am excited to visit and photograph so many beautiful families in them!
Connection… how can one word mean so much in photography. It has soooo much to do with it! I am photographer who believes that a session is an hour of family time where you can spend an hour together playing and having fun. We live in a busy world, and connecting as a family is so important and not only that I believe that having a family connect at their session makes for the most beautiful pieces of art. I love having my families play games, tell stories, and just being themselves…like I am not even there with my camera. I love using my list of games and tricks that help to create a feeling of connection in my photos and will use them if needed (follow the leader, tickle torture, run to me/to mom and dad, ring around the rosies, capture the sibling).
Lately the changes in seasons have inspired me. Before I use to not enjoy photographing in snow or winter, but there has been something beautiful about capturing a sweet family in the winter time these last couple months. Maybe because its cold and they are trying to keep warm, but whatever the reason, I have adored wintertime this year! There is so much beauty I am finding in every season and there is something to embrace and to be inspired by as the seasons changes.
The most important element that inspires me are the families in which I am photographing. They truly inspire me to become better at what I do. They inspire me to create new ideas on how I can be more of value and touch the clients in which I photograph. Without my families, I wouldn’t be where I am to today as an artist, and as an individual. I am grateful for family and value the time that I have with my own family. Everyday is a new day. our kids are growing and changing every. single. day. I look at my kids everyday and think to myself that this can not be possible with how fast they are growing up, but it is. I love that I have the opportunity to capture such wonderful moments of time for my beautiful families. I am grateful for each and everyone of you! Thank you for inspiring me and trusting in me !
“Let your light shine before Men.” This year, I have made a big effort to become better at simple and small acts of kindness in my day to day life. Some of things that I found myself doing were helping someone pick something they dropped at the store, a simple smile or hello, or finding something to compliment someone. Not only did I find that it lifted that person up, but I found myself in a better mood that day! This Christmas season, I am committing to pay it forward and continue to serve each day to help better light the world for the next 25 days. How will you light the world this holiday season?
There are so many small and simple acts of kindness that can be done on a daily bases from a smile or a compliment. I love to share 25 ideas that can be done each day until Christmas to shed a little light into someone’s life this Christmas and throughout the year to come.
- Give/donate something to someone that maybe in need.
- Donate to cause that helps provide safe drinking water. ( https://waterforgood.org/)
- Donate the skills you use at work to bless someone’s life on your day off.
- Deliver some goodies to a neighbor.
- Talk to your parents. Give them a call on the phone.
- Ask for a persons forgiveness.
- Make your child feel special.
- Be kind to someone for a week.
- Donate blood
- Share a favorite scripture or inspirational thought.
- Has a stranger ever done something nice for you? Pay it forward.
- Take dinner over to someone who maybe sick or pained.
- What brightens your day? Do that for someone else.
- Donate to a favorite charity.
- Know a family having a hard time making ends meet? Find a way to make it special.
- Donate some old clothes to a charity or thrift store.
- Schedule a time to spend some quality time as a family without electronic devices.
- Write down a persons positive qualities rather than focusing on their negative qualities.
- Send a personalized care package in the mail.
- Plan something to do with a person that has made your life more meaningful.
- Donate canned food to a local food bank.
- Send a person a note of appreciation expressing your gratitude for his or her example.
- Reach out to a person who may need a little joy in their life.
- Recognize the blessing you receive everyday and give thanks for them.
- How can the Christmas season stay with you throughout the year? Make plans or goals to continues to serve throughout the year.
May you find peace and joy this Christmas season and throughout the New Year.
And to end this post what more than to share these cute, amazing boys? These cute boys are what the Christmas season is all about… Showing so much love for life and each other. #lighttheworld.