I took Ethan and Nate to the library for the first time…EVER. Yeah I know, why now? Now that I have more time with my boys, I have the opportunity to take them to experience new places they haven’t been before. The amazement of both their faces as we entered the building was like… WOW!! We went and got our library card that I haven’t had in years, and had to ask for assistance to remind me how to figure out which books where which… that how long its been HAHA! Ethan was grabbing every book he could get his hand on and Nate wanted to go jump on the chairs. But then they heard Itsy Bitsy Spider coming from the other room and Ethan was like “I want to go in there mom.” We went in with the play group that was going on and boy it was so fun to see them both filled with excitement to be doing something where they could act like a bunch of crazy banchies and no one cared. They both loved the chalk board that was there too. We checked out our books and had a inspiring thought to capture a few photos while at the library.
As I sat them in a quite corner and got my camera ready, It made my mama heart melt to see these two quietly flipping through books and reading together…and that is when I realized the magic of brotherhood. Brotherhood is a bond that can not be taken away. It is a bond so beautiful, a bond that is so unreal. These beautiful babes of mine seriously get to my heartstrings with the amazing bond of brotherhood that they have. The smiles they give each other, the fun they have, its always been a dream of mine to have kids close in age, but even better two boys that really bring a magic touch to brotherhood and reading books.
“Let your light shine before Men.” This year, I have made a big effort to become better at simple and small acts of kindness in my day to day life. Some of things that I found myself doing were helping someone pick something they dropped at the store, a simple smile or hello, or finding something to compliment someone. Not only did I find that it lifted that person up, but I found myself in a better mood that day! This Christmas season, I am committing to pay it forward and continue to serve each day to help better light the world for the next 25 days. How will you light the world this holiday season?
There are so many small and simple acts of kindness that can be done on a daily bases from a smile or a compliment. I love to share 25 ideas that can be done each day until Christmas to shed a little light into someone’s life this Christmas and throughout the year to come.
- Give/donate something to someone that maybe in need.
- Donate to cause that helps provide safe drinking water. ( https://waterforgood.org/)
- Donate the skills you use at work to bless someone’s life on your day off.
- Deliver some goodies to a neighbor.
- Talk to your parents. Give them a call on the phone.
- Ask for a persons forgiveness.
- Make your child feel special.
- Be kind to someone for a week.
- Donate blood
- Share a favorite scripture or inspirational thought.
- Has a stranger ever done something nice for you? Pay it forward.
- Take dinner over to someone who maybe sick or pained.
- What brightens your day? Do that for someone else.
- Donate to a favorite charity.
- Know a family having a hard time making ends meet? Find a way to make it special.
- Donate some old clothes to a charity or thrift store.
- Schedule a time to spend some quality time as a family without electronic devices.
- Write down a persons positive qualities rather than focusing on their negative qualities.
- Send a personalized care package in the mail.
- Plan something to do with a person that has made your life more meaningful.
- Donate canned food to a local food bank.
- Send a person a note of appreciation expressing your gratitude for his or her example.
- Reach out to a person who may need a little joy in their life.
- Recognize the blessing you receive everyday and give thanks for them.
- How can the Christmas season stay with you throughout the year? Make plans or goals to continues to serve throughout the year.
May you find peace and joy this Christmas season and throughout the New Year.
And to end this post what more than to share these cute, amazing boys? These cute boys are what the Christmas season is all about… Showing so much love for life and each other. #lighttheworld.