Life is Beautiful. I love serving the world by capturing beautiful family memories, encouraging others to believe in life’s greatest possibilities, and inspiring others to realize their full potential. Everyone has a story... make it a beautiful one.
- Motherhood doesn’t have to be perfect. Set aside the idea that you need to be a perfect mom like Insta tells you to be. Realize there are messes and dirty bathrooms (you understand if you have boys) at all times.
- Set aside time to connect with the kids unplugged. Play a game of Uno or Guess Who? Do some sensory activities. Snuggle on the couch. Go to the park. These are a few of our favorites.
- Individual time with each child. I’ve been doing date night once a month with my oldest (6 years old) and he loves the one on one attention. It makes him feel loved and that he matters. He’s one that needs to have attention to feel loved. He’s my mom guilt extraordinaire because I don’t give him attention all day long. I tell him it’s okay to be bored or to play with your brother. Having one on one time every so often is a wonderful thing to have to let your child know you do love them.
- Set aside time for yourself too! This is so important! Having time to yourself is essential to being a mom wether it is waking up early to have that time to focus and reflect on you, going for a walk or run, going to Target without the kids, having an exercise routine, or taking a bath before bed. It is true if you take time out for you it will pour out into all areas of your life!
- Have grace with yourself. Motherhood is the hardest but most beautiful blessing.
1. Gratitude: being grateful for the life we have. In reality the people we are comparing ourselves to we may want something they have like talent but actually not really want the struggles they are going through. Being grateful for them showing you what your grateful for in your own life.
2. Focus on your strengths: focus on your own strengths and all the things you are capable of. Your strengths were given to YOU. Use them to serve others.
3. Be okay with being imperfect.
4. Have an abundant mindset! Know there is plenty to go around. Abundance is not limited to just certain people. You are worth of all life’s greatest blessings!
5. Have grace with yourself. Know that you matter and that your story and purpose matter.
Remember comparison if the thief of joy. It Leads you down a lonely and dreary path. Look at all that you are capable and give yourself a high five today for all that you have accomplished and how far you have come!
- Take responsibility of yourself and own it. Blaming others for where you are at isn’t going to get you anywhere. Just simple own those things and take responsibility to move you forward. This includes your thoughts too! Stay positive.
- Know that your changing along the way. Even though it may seem you are going no where, I promise you are so you keep going and moving forward. There are changes happening.
- Understand that failure is all apart of achieving your dreams because failure makes you stronger and realize what you can do better. Failure is your friend!
There many times in my life that I look in the mirror and see the person looking back at me and endlessly nick pick everything about that person.I was ashamed of the body I had. I was embarrassed. I hated how clothes fit me. I was always so overwhelmed but didn’t know what to do. I had a problem with accepting myself for I was because I never felt cute or pretty. I felt subconscious in everything I wore. I didn’t know how to truly love myself or my body. I felt that the reason I never got further in life was because I wasn’t pretty enough or skinny enough get there. I blamed my looks for a lot of things in life. But now I realize it was not the way I looked at all but the fact I wasn’t truly loving myself.
My journey of self love has taught me so much. To love myself for who I truly am. That health and fitness is a tool to become stronger and to love myself for the way I push myself with each workout. Having love for myself has taught me to gain real authentic confidence in myself and loving the women looking back at me everyday. The journey hasn’t been easy and there have been many moments of weakness. But the way I feel about who I am now is worth the tears and moments that felt like defeat.
Loving your body is a hard thing to do especially in a society that sets so many unrealistic expectations on you. Yes I believe in the power of moving your body each day because for one I’m predisposed to diabetes, I lived with family that had weight issues and saw the effects it can have on a person, and I love the way I feel.
If you struggle with looking the mirror each day loving the person looking back at you, there is hope in finding that true love for your self. Today, I am sharing with you some ways that have helped me overcome these struggles of loving my body in my life. Know that you are not alone in the journey of loving yourself.
These are some of the ways that have helped me to love who I am today:
- Stop blaming. Stop blaming your body and others around you. You are in control of your thoughts and actions. If you want change then make up your mind now to change and take action.
- Don’t live on a comment from elementary school. Oh my gosh. I remember when I was literally called fat in school by a boy. I let that one comment stew for years and let it affect how I thought about myself of how fat I was for years. Just stop letting Bobby’s comment from 6th grade bother you at the age of 34.
- Every body is different. This is hard one to digest but it’s true. Every body is different. My body is different than the mom sitting next to me. If you want to loose weight, then love your body that you have now. Show it compassion. Don’t compare it to Suzy.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself how incredible you are because you really are.
- Stop thinking you’ll be happy when…. I loose 15 ibs … hold that thought for a hot minute because it’s not going to take over night. It’s going to take time but it will happen. Be happy and celebrate your success along the way.
- Do things that make you feel exceptional. Working out, personal growth books, self care, working in my faith all give me all the goods to make me feel alive and in love with myself.
- Stop comparing yourself to others and love the the body God blesses you with!
Remember you are truly a beautiful person and compliment that person looking back at you everyday. Go through each day with a smile on your face knowing that you are loving yourself for who who are.
If you are interested in knowing more about the tools that I have used that made my healthy mom life style easier, contact me for more information.