Confidence: The feeling of self-assurance arising from one’s appreciation of ones own capabilities.
Some times walking through life with confidence can feel so uncertain. their can be times in our life where we feel inadequate or allow our limiting beliefs get the best of us. We allow ourselves to compare to other people that can put a huge damper in our own self-assurance on measuring how we are doing in our life.
To walk confidently through life means giving up those fears, doubts, insecurities, inadequacies, and stop with comparison game.
Ways we can walk confidently every day:
1. Show up everyday no matter how hard or if it feels like no one in watching. Keep going. The truth is, you never know who you are secretly helping or being an example to through the things you say or do. This goes for anything, social media, blogging… etc.
2. Stop beating yourself up and give yourself a little grace. Confidence is having faith and showing yourself a little love during the seasons of life that seem to be going a little bit more slower than expected or things seem to be not turning out the way you expected. Keep your head up high and have faith that everything is working out the way it should be. The season your in might be a learning experience for you.
3. Do something everyday that stretches you and makes you stronger. It can either be mentally, physically or both, but doing something that makes you stronger everyday is key. Read a book that with stretch your knowledge, or a workout routine that will stretch you physically. giving yourself a little more stretch each day can be a big confidence booster.
4. Loving yourself unconditionally is a huge step in walking through life confidently. If you learn to love yourself, you will learn to love life and others. Affirm yourself everyday that things you do are worth the hard work. Affirm those things you want to feel everyday like joyful, or grateful. There are limitless of possibilities but makes sure that they words that make you feel good when you say them.
5. Serving others can give you a great confidence boost. Doing a small act of service like putting a kind note on someones car or doing something big like a service project. Doing something good for others can really make you feel more confident about who you are.
I love this from Jen Sincero, “This moment is a vital part of a whole life that I am creating. What I chooses to do in this moment defines who I am and how I show up in the world. I’m dedicated to creating an extremely awesome life for myself, so I’m taking this moment seriously, getting the hell on it, and staying in excited expectation of the stupindouse hurtling toward me.”
Show up. Create the life you dream of. Stay confident no matter what.